2020 AATF National Francophone Culture Trivia Contest
For Round 1, there were over 2400 game plays across Levels A and B this year.
The top scorers in Round 1 then went on to compete in an elimination-based Finals Round with 25 challenging questions.
LEVEL A - Beginner
Level A Grand Prize Winner:
Jared G., taught by Marilynn S. Newman of Shelbyville Central High School in Tennessee
Jared successfully answered 15 questions and wins the $200 Grand Prize and a digital certificate for Level A; félicitations!
Marilynn wins a free AATF membership for 2021!
Level A Runners-up:
1. Successfully answered 13 questions: Nate L., taught by Jennifer Bell of Rye Junior H.S. in New Hampshire
2. Successfully answered 11 questions: Tatum Z., taught by Stacy Seger of Xavier College Prep in Arizona
3. Successfully answered 8 questions: Oliver R., taught by Christine Goulet of William Diamond Middle School in Massachusetts
4. Successfully answered 7 questions: Leland W., taught by Sarah Longcore of Emerson School in Michigan
5. Successfully answered 5 questions: Enrique A., taught by Edna-May Hermosillo of Pace Academy Middle School in Georgia.
6. Successfully answered 5 questions: Fiona M., taught by Rachel Fowler of Grayson High School in Georgia.
LEVEL B - Intermediate/Advanced
After the Level B Finals Round was over, there was a dazzling tie between 4 students earning perfect 25/25 scores.
A live tie-breaker round for these perfect-scoring students determined the winner.
Level B Grand Prize Winner:
Alan Z., taught by Soukeyna Diop-Tall of Livingston High School in New Jersey
Alan successfully won a live tie-breaker round and wins the $200 Grand Prize and a digital certificate for Level B; félicitations!
Soukeyna wins a free AATF membership for 2021!
Level B Runners-up:
1. Made it to the live tie-breaker round: Jasmine A., taught by Marleine Chiofalo of SchoolNova at Stony Brook in New York
2. Made it to the live tie-breaker round: Andrew Q., taught by Robin Hickey of Northeastern High School in Pennsylvania
3. Made it to the live tie-breaker round: Ethan H., taught by Jennifer Houston of Half Hollow Hills H.S. West in New York
4. Successfully answered 24 questions: Laura S., taught by Leila Kosiba of BASIS Independent Silicon Valley in California
5. Successfully answered 21 questions: Alexander B., taught by Pamela Thompson of Shenendehowa in New York
Runners-up will receive $50 and a digital certificate; félicitations!
All finalists and their teachers will receive digital certificates.
Results from prior years' contests below:
2019 AATF National Francophone Culture Trivia Contest Results:
Participation in the 2019 contest doubled from the 2018 contest!
• Over 5000 visits to the informational website
• 2100 plays by 37000 students: Level B round 1 contest
• 597 plays by 9800 students: Level A round 1 contest
• 407 schools officially submitted their top scorer's score
to access more info about the
AATF National Francophone Culture Trivia Contest
Visits since 2018
Visits since Nov. 30, 2020